The Roswell Symphony Orchestra has created several virtual events to replace its annual Young Person's Concert and invites music educators around the state to use them as classroom resources:
• Youth Virtual Concert: Students of all ages can learn about the four instrument families of the classical orchestra by watching this pre-recorded Virtual Concert Hall. A pre-concert survey for students is available here and a post-concert survey is available here.
• Mariachi Outreach Program: Students can listen to this pre-recorded virtual concert, "Cuando México Canta," featuring Mariachi Aztlán and Ballet Folklorico UTRGV. Then they can access six educational video tutorials available on YouTube to learn about instrumental technique, mariachi style and best performance practices for all experience levels. Music educators who would like students to participate in a live online Master Class should contact the orchestra at email@example.com.
Monday, June 21, 2021, 3:30 PM GMCS will be holding a special School Board meeting. 20212/22 School Calendar is the topic of discussion.
Gallup McKinley County Schools has reached a tentative agreement with the Union on the 2021/2022 school year calendar. The Union has notified the District that they will be taking the calendar for approval to their membership on June 19, 2021. Once the Union approves the calendar, the Gallup McKinley County Board of Education will meet to finalize the calendar.
The Federal Communications Commission has launched a temporary program to help families and households struggling to afford Internet service during the COVID-19 pandemic. The Emergency Broadband Benefit provides a discount of up to $50 per month toward broadband service for eligible households and up to $75 per month for households on qualifying Tribal lands. Eligible households can also receive a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from participating providers.
Eligible households can enroll through a participating broadband provider or directly with the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) using an online or mail in application.
You can learn more about the benefit, including eligibility and enrollment information, by visiting www.fcc.gov/broadbandbenefit, or by calling 833-511-0311
This page will show you everything from general information to what we are doing within our district.
The Public Education Department is asking families, educators and school staff to share a little about your experience during the pandemic by completing this short survey. It will take you about eight minutes and will offer us critical insight about our areas of strength and areas for growth. This survey will also provide an opportunity to join the NMPED community listserv, where you will receive monthly updates, resources, invitations to engage, and more. We invite you to share this blurb and these social media graphics to let others know:
GMCS is seeking feedback to take a short survey.
The American Rescue Plan (ARP) Act; Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief Fund is to help schools to return safely to in-person instruction, maximize in-person instructional time, sustain the safe operation of schools, and address the academic, social, emotional, and mental health impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic for New Mexico’s students.
The Gallup-McKinley County Schools is seeking stakeholder feedback at this time. Please share this survey with any individual who may have feedback they would like to provide the District.
This survey will close on 06/04/2021, 5pm MST.
You may fill out the form on your personal device, but it will have to be printed, signed, and returned to a member of the STARS team at the Student Support Center.
If you are unable to fill the form out online or print it, you may pick up a copy at the Student Support Center.
Please be prepared to show your ID when you bring the form in. A member of the STARS team will review the form with you and provide you with a receipt for the form.
- Forms will be reviewed by the school site Director of Instruction starting July 1, 2021.
- Approval will be dependent on enrollment of transfer request school.
- Students must be enrolled and attending their attendance area school until notified by a STARs Team member of transfer approval into the requested school.
JUNE 24, 2021
School Board Meeting is on Monday, May 24, 2021 at 1:00 PM 640 Boardman
Now for students 12 and older
Gallup, N.M. 87301
for Monday, May 3, 2021